If local newspapers can't win local search, what's there for them to own?
We in newspapers better figure this one out. The whole advertising/audience economy of online newspapers depends on it.
One of the solutions in Pramit Sigh's post (and he has several excellent ones) is to give reporters blogs (and we're back to this evening's earlier post).
- Rich Skrenta: Appropriate Discoverability or why newspaper SEO sucks.
- Greg Linden: Newspapers should own local
- Dan Dodge: Newspapers should own local search results
- Rob Hyndman: Newspapers Shouldn’t Own Local Search
- Pramit Singh News 2.0 = Newspapers + local + SEO
- Mathew Ingram: Newspapers and local - who owns who
(via Mindy McAdams)