I collected these links on search engine optimization (SEO) for news writing and editing in preparation for speaking to a news editing class at the University of Tennessee this morning. I'm going to talk about how SEO and journalism are not mutually exclusive.
Image via Wikipedia
Others may find these useful as well.
- Headline Writing for Google, Social Media and Profit : Condomunity.com
- How To Write Awesome Headlines
- Newspapers search for Web headline magic - CNET News
- Newspapers: Headline writing, use search engine optimization (SEO) - Editors Weblog
- SEOmoz | YOUmoz - SEO For Journalists: Headlines
- The Bad, Good And Ugly Advice Given To Journalists On SEO
- How SEO is changing journalism, Shane Richmond - British Journalism Review Vol. 19, No. 4, 2008
- Teaching Online Journalism » Headline writing for online audiences (and search engines)
- MediaShift . 9 Tips to Improve Search Engine Optimization (SEO) | PBS
- Can SEO's and Journalists Really Be Friends?
- Search-based keyword tool
- Google AdWords: Keyword Tool
- A journalist's guide to SEO | Blog | Econsultancy
- Will SEO spell the end of headline pun-ishment?
- Passive Voice Is Redeemed For Web Headings (Jakob Nielsen's Alertbox)
- New tricks: Journalists and SEO â€" searching for the right balance | Old Media, New Tricks
- Endemic - Newspapers need to learn SEO for headlines
- Newspaper SEO tips: Effective headlines | patrickbeeson.com
- How To Write Great SEO Headlines â€" Put Yourself In Their Shoes
- Headline writing: How to write web headlines that catch search engine spiders | New Media Bytes | Online journalism, web production and promotion