Bobby Schweizer talks about the news game he is helping develop called "The Cartoonist." He was among the students talking about their projects at the GVU Fall Research Showcase at Georgia Tech on Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2011.
The showcase was a fascinating look into what the students were researching, testing or developing. There's some great stuff going on there. (I did an earlier blog post on another project I saw there)
Here's some coverage about Schweizer, news games and "The Cartoonist."
- Videogames: A New Way of Doing Journalism #jpod: How video games can tell news stories
- Designing a Newsgame Is an Act of Journalism
- Explain yourself: Georgia Tech's Bobby Schweizer on newsgames
- Overcoming Fact/Fun Friction
- A Brief History of Newsgames: Combining News + Videogames
- The Cartoonist
- Ian Bogost Teams with Students for his Latest Book, Newsgames