What's new in comments about comments. The debate on anonymous comments on websites continues while publisher retool or junk their comment systems. Meanwhile, a few interesting new experiments are happening.
- Yelp Reviews Brew Fight Over Free Speech, Fairness - WSJ.com
- Times-Picayune gives judge data on two online commenters | Home | The New Orleans Advocate
- Sun-Times kills comments until it can fix 'morass of negativity, racism, and hate speech' | Poynter.
- Livefyre Takes A New Approach To Commenting With Web Annotation Product Sidenotes | TechCrunch
- Anonymous Pa. Web speech may not be so anonymous - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Man Threatened With Defamation Lawsuit Over Negative Yelp Review « CBS New York
- Articles about "User commenting" | Poynter.
- Lawsuit may 'chill online speech' | Poynter.
- Turning the Page on Anonymity: The Future of HuffPost Comments | Tim McDonald
- Why Medium Notes Are Different and How to Use Them Well â€" About Medium â€" Medium
- David Karp: Tumblr Reblogs Created To Fix Comment 'Awfulness'
- Why some publishers are killing their comment sections | Digiday
- Internet troll personality study: Machiavellianism, narcissism, psychopathy, sadism.
- Web comments 'more civil' when journalists interact, study shows | Media news | Journalism.co.uk
See the bigger list of links on comments.