These tidbits, which came out last week in the Google earnings, just boggle me:
- Average revenue per search (yes, any kind of search, not just paid): 12 cents. It was around a dime in late 04.
- Avg. revenue per searcher: $7
- Avg. revenue per sponsored click: 62 cents.
- Estimated profits for Google in 06: Roughly $4 billion (Bear Stearns) (which is about the same as their forecasted annual revenues this year, FWIW)
- Revenue growth of Google year to year: 96%
-- Noted by John Battelle's Searchblog. And all the while eschewing the ubiquitous banner ad. Go figure ... where the money is.