Knoxnews submitted entries are finalist in two online categories in the Society of Professional Journalists’ 57th annual Green Eyeshade Awards.
The competition covers 11 southeastern states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and West Virginia.
The winners will be announced May 5 in Nashville. We hope we’re happy! Our entries are up against some excellent journalism:
BEST USE OF MULTIMEDIA
• A Killer’s Grip – Clarisa Gerlach, Tim Price, Tampa Tribune Staff, WFLA Staff, TBO.com, Tampa, Fla.
• Carnival Center – Staff, The Miami Herald
• Sweet 15 – Jigsha Desai, Lauren Suhles, Kevin Cowan, Joe Howell, Knoxville (Tenn.) News Sentinel
• Epic – Randy Johnson, Mark Caskie, Pace Communications
• GoVolsXtra – Online and Sports Departments, Knoxville (Tenn.) News Sentinel
• Tampa’s Local Music Scene – Ryan Bauer, Tim Price, TBO.com, Tampa, Fla.
Here’s the complete list of finalists.
Tags: spj | newspapers | niche journalism | multimedia