A handy reader on the weekend L.A. Times piece on Google comments:
- Tony Hung: LA Times: “… Its Bigger Than Jesus, Worse Than Bin Laden!”
- Ethan Kaplan: Newspapers are Committing Recursive Suicide
- John Battelle: Newspapers: Stages of Google Grief
- Danny Sanchez: L.A. Times editorial board decries Google News comments
- Mathew Ingram: Newspapers ignore Google at their peril
- Dave Winer: Journalism is the new Catholic Church
- Scott Karp: Journalism Is Now A Continuous Dynamic Process, Not A Static Product
- Robert Niles: The L.A. Times tells its readers: ‘Shut up’
- Jeff Jarvis: Just Kidding?
- Mike Keliher: LA Times misses the point on Google News commenting
- Brad Linder: LA Times: Google News isn’t journalism
- Donna Bogatin: Google News is a Joke: LA Times is NOT Laughing
It may not be journalism, but I think in the end this will be good for Media copanies and Google. It’s all about audience and engagement.