The Sept. 12 comScore release on online video in July contains some remarkable numbers:
- Online viewers watched an average of more than three hours of online video during the month (181 minutes).
- The average online video duration was 2.7 minutes.
- Nearly three out of four (74.2 percent) U.S. Internet users viewed video online.
- More than one out of three (36.7 percent) U.S. Internet users viewed video on YouTube.com.
- The average online video viewer consumed 68 videos, or more than two per day.
comScore is a leading digital market researcher.
A day earlier, comScore said the firm had launched measurement of blogs audiences, or "conversational media" audiences.
The face of media is being erased and redrawn more rapidly each day.