Something tells me the Washington Post is not ready to do local. And there is a bit of gleeful unwarranted Rob Curley bashing.
Updated: Rob Curley posts about the WSJ article.
- What Newspapers Still Don't Understand About The Web by ...
- A real need for local news, "hyper" or not
- Hyperlocal hero fails, finds new job
- Now: Solve problems, fill needs, get jobs done. Later: Be cool.
- The folly of "local local"
- Washington Post's failed hyperlocal news site was not a hyperlocal
- The Emperor Has No Clothes
- The Post's 'Hyperlocal Flop'
- Failing forward
- The Struggles of LoudounExtra.com
- Hyper-Local News at LoudounExtra isn't Hyperactive
- Hyperlocal effort LoudounExtra.com 'a flop'
- How Could Hyperlocal Fail?
- Hyperlocal News Fails Without Locals
- When Hyperlocal Isn't
- Pegasus' Orren: 'Local Databases Key to HyperLocal'
- Curley on HyperLocal, The WaPo, and the Vegas Venture
- Looking for the Hyperlocal Magic Bullet
- Big Daily's 'Hyperlocal' Flop