These are links I’m sharing during a visit to a class on “Civic Engagement” at the University of Tennessee this afternoon. I’m supposed to talk intelligently (always a challenge) about the changing ways young people get information, the connection between staying informed about current events and being an engaged citizen, and the role of media outlets in shaping civic engagement patterns.
If you have some thoughts post a comment and extend the conversation. Hopefully, I’m not quite an old codger yet and they aren’t all whippersnappers.
- Internet’s Broader Role in Campaign 2008
- Public Knowledge of Current Affairs Little Changed by News and Information Revolutions
- PEW: Peer Networks and Youth Political Media Consumption
- News Media Management Center at Northwestern
- AP Study: A New Model for News
- Engaging Millennials in Election News on the Web