I go out of town for a couple of days and return to the surreal. Liberal Randy Neal and conservative Brian Hornback united in defending a blogger for the News Sentinel, a media company neither has been shy about calling out when they’ve felt moved to do so.
And that happens with some regularity. (Hornback likes to call the newspaper’s building “the Big Metal Shed on the Hill.”)
They and others, however, decried a bare-knuckled attempt by county mayoral aide Susanne Dupes to silence Scott McNutt, who writes a political satire blog for the News Sentinel called Snark Bites.
But Neal, Hornback and News Sentinel Editor Jack McElroy united on an issue? Why that’s right out of McNutt’s fictional Snark Bites.
Here’s what they and others have been saying.
- Editorial: Pressure on blogger was an outrage | knoxnews.com
- Loose Snark Terrorizes County Mayor’s Staff | Snark Bites | knoxnews.com
- Twittering and blogging on Knox County’s dime? | No Silence Here | knoxnews.com
- Riehl World View: Duped By Suzanne Dupes?
- Instapundit Blog Archive KNOX COUNTY MAYOR’S AIDE TARGETS BLOGGER. Yeah, that’s smart. UPDATE: Well, not really. Smart 26
- When you mess with a blogger, it goes worldwide | No Silence Here | knoxnews.com
- More on the mayor’s office trying to intimidate a blogger | No Silence Here | knoxnews.com
- Knox County mayor’s aide targets blogger | No Silence Here | knoxnews.com
- Snark Bites: bloggers in the news | Ramblin’ Man | knoxville.com
- Snark bitten | KnoxViews
- Not Cool : Post Politics: Political News and Views in Tennessee
- Brian’s Blog: This Is Wrong…I Don’t Care If The News Sentinel Is Involved
- Snark Bites Ragsdale – The Daily Pulse
- Knox County mayor’s aide targets blogger
Powered by Publish2