Image via Wikipedia
I collected these links on search engine optimization (SEO) for news writing and editing in preparation for speaking to a news editing class at the University of Tennessee this morning. I’m going to talk about how SEO and journalism are not mutually exclusive.
Others may find these useful as well.
- Headline Writing for Google, Social Media and Profit : Condomunity.com
- How To Write Awesome Headlines
- Newspapers search for Web headline magic – CNET News
- Newspapers: Headline writing, use search engine optimization (SEO) – Editors Weblog
- SEOmoz | YOUmoz – SEO For Journalists: Headlines
- The Bad, Good And Ugly Advice Given To Journalists On SEO
- How SEO is changing journalism, Shane Richmond – British Journalism Review Vol. 19, No. 4, 2008
- Teaching Online Journalism » Headline writing for online audiences (and search engines)
- MediaShift . 9 Tips to Improve Search Engine Optimization (SEO) | PBS
- Can SEO’s and Journalists Really Be Friends?
- Search-based keyword tool
- Google AdWords: Keyword Tool
- A journalist’s guide to SEO | Blog | Econsultancy
- Will SEO spell the end of headline pun-ishment?
- Passive Voice Is Redeemed For Web Headings (Jakob Nielsen’s Alertbox)
- New tricks: Journalists and SEO â€” searching for the right balance | Old Media, New Tricks
- Endemic – Newspapers need to learn SEO for headlines
- Newspaper SEO tips: Effective headlines | patrickbeeson.com
- How To Write Great SEO Headlines â€” Put Yourself In Their Shoes
- Headline writing: How to write web headlines that catch search engine spiders | New Media Bytes | Online journalism, web production and promotion