- 47% of our users have profanity on their Facebook Wall.
- 80% of our users who have profanity on their Facebook Wall have at least one post/comment with profanity from a friend.
- 56% of the posts/comments with profanity on a user’s Facebook Wall come from friends.
- Users are twice as likely to use profanity in a post on their Facebook Wall, versus a comment. Whereas friends are twice as likely to use profanity in a comment on a user’s Facebook Wall, versus a post.
- The most common profane word is derivations of the “f-word”. The second most common profane word is derivations of the word “sh*t”. “B*tch” is a distant third.
This stats are from a study by Reppler based on statistics from the Facebook walls of 30,000 users. Wait, aren’t Facebook comments or Facebook authentication supposed to be just the tools needed to clean up newspaper comments?