Do you have a “SLAM ToolKit?”
I presented what I call the SLAM ToolKit for journalists this afternoon to the Tennessee Press Association meeting in Knoxville.
SLAM stands for:
Yeah, it’s corny, but, hopefully, memorable.
You can see the deck here. In many categories, there may be better picks (and if there are, I’d like to know about them), but the first choices reflect apps I have used, at least a bit.
More mobile tools and resources for journalists.
- More Digital Journalism Tools You Need To Use – The Whip
- New Reporters Committee mobile apps offer legal info, reporting tools for top hotline topics | Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press
- 5 Must-Try Apps for Newsgathering
- Apps for Journalists 2015 | Val Hoeppner Media and Consulting, LLC
- New digital tools every journalist should try | KnightBlog
- Mobile Reporting – English – DW.DE
- The Experts: A Journalism Tools Special
- The 7 most useful apps for mobile journalism | RJI
- 10 trusty digital tools journalists should try right now | Poynter.
Periscope is the buzz currently. If you are interested in using the streaming video app in news coverage, here are some general best practices and tips:
- 7 Tips for Using Periscope at Events | LEWIS PR
- Oh the places you’ll go: Tapping Periscope for reporting – Storybench
- Digital Guide: Live-Streaming Best Practices « PNConnect | Digital Marketing Services from Porter Novelli
- How Entrepreneurs Can Leverage The Power Of Live-Streaming Apps | Fast Company | Business + Innovation
- Periscope â€” Medium
- Best Practices For Using Periscope | Jenny Weigle
- Periscope Up: 15 Tips to Mastering the Platform | Ketchum Blog